Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Join Us for a Virtual Writer's Retreat!!

I had this idea several months ago to do a virtual writer's retreat. Writing retreats can cost a lot of money and some of us don't quite have that much yet. The way I understand there are two main points to a writing retreat: to meet people and socialize and to get words/work done. I don't quite remember how the idea came into my head. If it was from seeing someone else mention it. I know people have done it and I likely heard someone talk about it but I decided to do my own.



I polled my Facebook group and they decided that the best way to have this event would be in our Facebook group. That's what I did. And the dates everyone chose were October 18th - October 20th (midnight on October 20th, so the even page says through October 21st.) The idea is to pop in throughout those days, do writing sprints, have some threads to share social media, favorite books, books we've written, resources, maybe live videos, etc. It's my first time doing one but I thought why not give it a go? That way it's free and maybe we'll get some words down and have fun doing it!!

Official Description:

"Sometimes we need a little extra push when we're writing. A little extra camaraderie. Writing can be very solitary, but we can't all afford to go away on a writing retreat, so I thought it would be fun to put a virtual writing retreat together."

If you want to take part in this event, you'll have to join my Facebook group, Amanda Leigh's Lounge. If you love reading, we'd love to have you!! And if you love writing, then this event may just be for you!!

Hope to see you there!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment