Sunday, June 30, 2013

Small Update: Rough Synopsis for My Next Project!

I started this project a while ago but it was put on the back burner because of two other projects I was working on at the time: Putting together my second poetry collection and editing My Heart is Yours (which I'm still doing). When the idea for this project came into my head I sat down and started writing (longhand). I put it aside and when I picked it up again I typed it up and inserted chapter breaks and I had the first two chapters. It got put aside again (due to the projects I mentioned).

A few days ago I saw a video on YouTube (from MelissaBooks) about Camp NaNoWriMo. I've wanted to do NaNoWriMo and I was going to do it this year but I only knew about NaNoWriMo taking place in November. As I found out in another YouTube video (from Katytastic) for the past couple years or so they have had three sessions: one in April, one in July and one in November. I decided that I was going to dive in and do it! The novel I will be working on I'm classifying as a Young Adult, Supernatural, Thriller, Romance novel. It will also be part of a series. 


While I'm not sure I'll hit the 50,000 word mark (due to other projects going on at the same time) I know that by the end of this I will have a good chunk of that novel written. Even if it isn't 50,000 words.


So, when you go on to the NaNoWriMo website you plan your novel and there is a place to put in a synopsis. I hadn't come up with a synopsis yet so this kind of forced me to do so. And here it is:


Rough Synopsis - A centuries old vampire crosses paths with one of the most powerful witches in existence. With the help of another vampire an a couple of her friends they must figure out why the demon that has come to her town wants to destroy it. And stop it from succeeding. 


During their trials the vampire finds himself experiencing human emotions for the first time in centuries - for the witch. And she finds herself feeling things for him she wishes she could forget. After all, witches serve nature and vampires defy it. It is taboo for them to fall in love.


(Note: my Camp NaNoWriMo profile says something slightly different for the synopsis because when I tried to update it it kept saying "error: server unavailable" or something like that).


Let me know what you've been up to! What you've been reading, writing, if you're participating! I'd love to know!


<3 Amanda Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment