Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Short Story Review | First Kisses by Dina Littner

 

Title: First Kisses
Author: Dina Littner 
Release Date: October 25th 2015 (first released August 1st 2015)
Page Amount: 21 pages, Kindle

GoodReads Blurb:

Fifteen year-old Jillian Ross is determined to get her first kiss this summer. She is surprised to find the solution to her problem has been right next to her all along. 

It's the Fourth of July and more than one kind of fireworks are going to explode. 

Review:

I found this author through other authors that I know (for the life of me I can't remember which one.) I was in the mood for a short story and remembered hearing about this one so I went ahead an picked it up. I read this one the beginning of last month. (I'm unconscionably  behind on my book reviews.) I read it in between commercials while watching Criminal Minds, I think.

It was just what I needed. Something quick to read but not just something short, something that also had substance and interested me. A relatable subject, too. First kisses. Something that everyone (at least everyone that I know) was at least somewhat nervous about.

I really enjoyed this short story. I liked the characters a lot. They seemed like great friends and I like seeing that type of relationship. The kisses themselves were pretty great, too. That first kiss... damn. That was one hell of a first kiss, let me just say that. In contrast, I loved that second kiss. How much more careful it was in comparison.

I enjoyed the writing, the story and the characters. After I finished the first thing that I did was look up Dina Littner on GoodReads. I'm anxiously awaiting when she will have a full length novel available. You can be sure that I'll be on the lookout and pick that up. Especially if it's about these characters because I really want to know how thing went for them after those kisses.

I recommend this if you want a quick read with good writing, heart, good characters and a little bit of heat. I give this one 4 quills and will be on the lookout for more from Dina Littner.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment