Friday, April 1, 2016

Camp NaNoWriMo!!

 

Hi guys!! I'm just checking in to do a quick update. 

Okay, so, it's the first day of the month of April. To some, this means April Fools Day. To me, this means the first day of Camp NaNoWriMo!! Yes, I really do love NaNoWriMo. (Okay, maybe it's a love hate relationship but mostly love.) I've done and won the November NaNoWriMo twice and this will be my fourth time participating in Camp NaNoWriMo. And I plan to win this time, as well. People who know me may not think that I'm particularly competitive, but I have a slight competitive streak. Friendly competition. Like how some friends in school have a friendly competition over  their grades. That's me. I'm also competitive with myself, if that makes sense. Losing Camp NaNoWriMo is just not an option in my mind. My goal for this session is to write a novelette set in the same world as my YA Paranormal/Urban Fantasy trilogy. The word count goal is 10,000 words. Which I should be able to do. Even with the other stuff that I have going on. 

Other stuff: The other stuff is as follows. Editing book one in that YA Paranormal/Urban Fantasy trilogy because I am planning to start querying in about two weeks. (Super exciting and nerve wracking!!) I'm also working with someone else on another project that can read about here. It's basically a collection of true stories from people who have the same rare genetic disorder that I do. Like I said, there's more about it here. I'm not explaining it as well. Mostly because I should be editing or writing right now instead of blogging... 

So now I'm off to plan that novelette and then start writing it. And to edit book one in that trilogy. I will leave you with this teaser from My Heart is Yours. Oh, and My Heart is Yours is on SALE for 0.99 cents for the first two weeks of April!! (No, this is NOT an April Fools joke. If it still says $2.99 it's because Amazon hasn't caught up with me yet.) 

What are your plans for April? What are you reading? What about listening to? You know that I LOVE books AND music so let me know in the comments!! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment