Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Book Review | Mister Black | A Billionaire SEAL Story by P. T. Michelle


Title: Mister Black (In the Shadows #1)
Author: P. T. Michelle
Release Date: June 14th 2014
Page Amount: 154 pages, Kindle

GoodReads Blurb:

We all have someone who crossed our path and fundamentally changed us. That one person who blew through our lives, their presence forever stamped on our psyche. They linger in our thoughts, in our hearts, and in the decisions we make. A soul crusher or a dream maker, depending on the perspective.

My person is MISTER BLACK.
I didn’t know him by that name when I first met him.
I didn’t know him at all, but the impression he left behind was just as powerful as the name I call him today.

He is Black: a deadly enforcer and masterful seducer.
I am Red: a justice bleeder and willing participant.
Together we are passion. Colors colliding through each other’s lives.

When our secrets converge in a passionate encounter,
stepping out of the shadows just might be worth the risk.

NOTE: MISTER BLACK is meant for readers 18+ due to mature content. This is part 1 in the IN THE SHADOWS serial and is 125 print pages. Part 2, SCARLETT RED, is novel-length at 275 print pages. Part 3, BLACKEST RED is coming and will also be novel length.


GoodReads Link

Review:

I had heard a lot about this book from Trisha Wolfe so I knew that I was going to have to check it out. I actually finished it in January but things have kind of been going full force for me since the beginning of the year so I've been super behind on my reviews.

I really enjoyed this book. I'm glad that I listened to Trisha's recommendation (as I usually am.) This book definitely drew me in. The prologue had me guessing from the second I started reading and when the story picked up in the first chapter I was still questioning things (in that really wonderful way.) This story had a couple of super steamy scenes in it, for sure. But more than the passion that the characters obviously felt there was also real heart, intrigue, suspense and mystery. I also enjoyed the strong female friendship in it.

I may not have gotten to the other books yet but I will be soon. I already have them all sitting on my Nook. I give this one 4 quills!!

No comments:

Post a Comment