Monday, April 18, 2016

Book Review | Grace's Poetry by Regina Bartley

 

Title: Grace's Poetry
Author: Regina Bartley
Release Date: September 17th 2015

GoodReads Blurb:

Grace's poetry is a journal filled with poems from the lead character of the upcoming novel -I am free. This is a compilation of twenty of Grace's most loved poems. These poems were written from the age of nine to the age of eighteen. It will give you a glimpse into Grace's world, and help introduce you to this loving character. 

**Please note that this is only poetry, and is written for a young adult audience.**


Review:

I saw this in a daily deal in this service called Kangaroo Reads, a great service started by the author Kristine Raymond. (Disclaimer: I am not being paid to say this, this is my honest opinion.) It's a great service if you want to give it a go. 

I believe that this book was free. I love poetry so I immediately clicked on it. I was further intrigued by the fact that this was used as an introduction to a main character in the author's upcoming novel, I Am Free (which is now available.) So I got a copy for my Kindle. 

The poems in this collection had a lot of depth and emotion. I thoroughly enjoyed them. They also gave great insight into the main character of the novel I Am Free. It is very difficult to pick favorites from this collection but I would say these are my favorites:

Teaching Jane Eyre

- You Don’t Like My Skirt

- Aunt Darcy

- Grocery Store

- Rainbow

- I Am Free

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was a very good collection of poetry as well as a different and interesting way to introduce a main character. I have already gotten I Am Free on my Kindle, as well and will definitely be reading it. I give this one 4 quills!!

No comments:

Post a Comment