Friday, December 25, 2015

Short Story Review ~ A Christmas Gift by Stella Wilkinson

 

Title: A Christmas Gift
Author: Stella Wilkinson
Release Date: December 12th 2014
Page Amount: 28 pages, Nook Book

GoodReads Blurb:
Holly and Caleb had been best friends as children, growing up on the same street, but as teenagers they couldn't be further apart. When Caleb unexpectedly asked Holly to help him pick out a Christmas gift for his girlfriend, neither of them anticipated where it would lead. 

A young adult romantic comedy, from Stella Wilkinson, acclaimed author of The Flirting Games Series. 

"Oh what it is to be young! A funny, light and frothy read." Janie Oakes, Teen Reader Today 


Please note that this is a short story of approx 7000 words (excluding copy-write and back matter).  

Review: 
I found this through Ryan Ringbloom's "Holiday Reads" feature on her website. Which I was actually featured in, as well. You can find my review for "My Santa, My Elf" here: http://www.ryanringbloom.com/holiday-reads/holiday-reads-my-santa-my-elf and while you're there don't forget to check out the other reviews from some other amazing authors!! 

A Christmas Gift was the book that Ryan Ringbloom reviewed. It sounded like a cute read so I went right to Barnes & Noble and got it for my Nook. It read it one night. Partly because it was a fast read and partly because I wanted to see what happened. I liked the character of Holly a lot. She seemed relatable to me. From the way she described Caleb at first I wasn't so fond of him but he grew on me. 

The writing was good and I could picture everything that was going on without any trouble. I love when I can just see everything going on in a book. The Christmas references made it a great read for this month, especially since I celebrate Christmas. I liked the ending, it was a very cute and sweet happily ever after. A perfect feel good Christmas or holiday read. Which is why today was the perfect day to post this review. Merry Christmas!! I give this short story 4 quills!! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment