Monday, September 18, 2017

Book Review | Whispers and the Roars by K. Webster


Title: Whispers and the Roars
Author: K. Webster
Release Date: December 6th 2016
Page Amount: 227 pages, Kindle edition

GoodReads Link

GoodReads Blurb:

 ***THIS STANDALONE IS BEST ENJOYED WHEN YOU DON'T READ ANY REVIEWS OR SPOILERS BEFORE READING. GOING IN BLIND IS BEST. TRUST ME.***

When my eyes are closed, the monster can’t ever see me.
When I sing a song in my head, the monster can’t ever hear me.
When I pretend my bedroom is a playground where I play hide and seek, the monster can’t ever find me.

The darkness should frighten me.
I should worry I’ll find more monsters…monsters scarier than him.
But I’m not afraid.

It’s safe here.
When I’m inside of my head…

He. Can’t. Ever. Touch. Me.

Warning:
Whispers and the Roars is a dark romance. Strong sexual themes and violence, which could trigger emotional distress are found in this story. The abuse written in this story is graphic and not glossed over which could be upsetting to some. Proceed with caution. This story is NOT for everyone.

Review: 

This was one of my top three favorite books of last year. It was number three on the list. I'm not even sure where to begin with this one. It is not your typical love story, that's for sure. It is kind of dark but I doubt that it's as dark as you're thinking. In my mind I refer to it as "Psychological Romance." In the description it stays vague and tells you not to read reviews because it's best to go in blind. I agree, which is why this review is so difficult to write. Just know, that even though this is an unconvential love story it is on of the most beautiful ones that I've ever read. I kept reading that there was a huge twist. I guessed at it early on but then thought that couldn't possibly be it. Then maybe 10% before the twist was revealed, I knew what it was. Most people didn't, though. I feel a little cheated because I figured it out. Either way, it was an amazing book. I highly recommend this. It is my favorite K. Webster book hands down. 5 quills.


No comments:

Post a Comment