Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Book Review ~ On Fire by Robert Mercer-Nairne

 

Title: On Fire
Author: Robert Mercer-Nairne
Release Date: November 25th 2014
Published By: Gritpoul
Page Amount: 64 pages, Hardcover

GoodReads Blurb:
This little book is a gem - which even people who do not normally buy poetry will want to own. Combining colors and words, it touches aspects of the human condition that concern us. With humor, tenderness and perception the cycle of life is laid bare. Because it sees existence as a whole, On Fire is profoundly optimistic. 

Review: 
I found this book at the dollar store and since I love both poetry and art I decided to pick it up. It was a while before I read it but I did around the end of December of last year. 

I thought that the art was good; I enjoyed looking at the artwork. The poems had some very good subject matter. I thought that they were pretty good but certainly not some of the best poetry that I've ever read. I don't think that it was at all a waste to read, though. And since I found it in the dollar store it was a great find. I would give this one a try if you feel like reading some new poetry to see what you think.  3 quills. 


No comments:

Post a Comment