Friday, January 3, 2014

Book of the Month! (#4)

Book of the Month is a feature that I started on Girl With a Pen and a Dream where I highlight a different book every month. The last three have all been very serious, dark issue books. This month I think I'm going to do something different. The book of the month is:


Title: Taste the Heat (Love and Games #1)
Author: Rachel Harris
Release Date: July 8th, 2013
Published By: Entangled Bliss
Page Amount: 191 pages, e-book

GoodReads Blurb:
One sexy fire captain. One Cajun chef, One combustible kitchen…

When chef Colby Robicheaux returned home to New Orleans to save her family restaurant, the last person she expected to reconnect with was her brother’s best friend and her childhood crush. As tempting as a sugar-coated beignet, Jason is one dish she doesn't want to taste. Colby is counting down the days till she can leave the place where her distrust of love and commitment originated and go back to Vegas.

Fire captain Jason Landry isn't looking for love, either. He knows he should focus on finding the perfect mother for his daughter, but when he first sees Colby, all grown up and gorgeous, he can’t help but be drawn to her. And when she suggests a no-strings-attached fling, Jason doesn't want to say no.

As their relationship grows more intense, Colby finds that Jason isn't as easy to leave behind as she thought. Could turning up the heat on something real be worth the possibility of getting burned?

My Semi-Quick Review: 
Taste the Heat is getting a lot of page time on my blog lately, huh? The last three Book of the Month posts have all had to do with very serious books and I wanted to switch it up. Besides, you don't want all serous all the time, right?

That being said, the characters in this book do have their own issues. It isn't just a bunch of happy, love-struck people all of the time. And that is what I like in romance, for there to be real issues. This is a feel good read though, most definitely. 

I also loved the characters in this book. They were just so real and lovable. I loved seeing them interact. This was a wonderful read. I would whole-heartedly recommend this to any romance fan or even if you aren't usually a fan of romance I think that this is definitely worth it to read! 

<3 Amanda Leigh 

3 comments:

  1. Loved Colby and Jason, this was the book that me fall in love with Rachel Harris.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree with you! I loved Colby and Jason too. This was the first Rachel Harris book that I read and I agree, I just fell in love with her writing.

      Delete
  2. I love this book! I don't usually read adult romance novels, but Rachel Harris totally converted me. Not only did I read and LOVE this one, but I devoured book 2 (Seven Day Fiance), and I'm anxiously waiting for book 3's release!! :)

    ReplyDelete