Saturday, February 23, 2013

Book Blogger Love-A-Thon: Interview with Orisi of Orisis's Blah, Blah, Blah


Hi! I am participating in the Book Blogger Love-A-Thon today! I am late to the party. But here is my interview with fellow book blogger Orisi from Orisi's Blah Blah Blah. I have an interview over at Orisi's blog as well! 

I've checked out Orisi's blog! It looks wonderful! It is very awesome and impressive! Besides books, Orisis also love movies. I particularly love the To-Read pile page over at Orisi's blog! Go check it out at oblahblah.blogspot.com 

Oh, love the blog's name too!

Unfortunately, there is this INCREDIBLY INFURIATING white box around some of the text that JUST WON'T GO AWAY!!! No matter how many times I try. And I've tried like...8 times. No joke. So, it was either not post the interview or post it with the damned white box! So I am so so sorry. I don't know what is going on!


1)How did you get into blogging?
Great question. I moved to Abu Dhabi a couple of years ago and wanted to have a place to document our adventures over here in the Middle East. It meant that our friends and family could keep up. So I started a blog for that very reason. I graduated from University with a degree in English (literature being the major in that) and so I've always read a lot... and always have a lot to say. A friend of mine (MabisMab @ www.mabismab.com) had a book blog and so I would cruise her blog and thought it was awesome. Every time I would finish a book (or even watch a movie) here in Abu Dhabi I would bombard my friends (who usually haven't read the book) with my opinions and annoyances etc etc until I realised it would just be better for all if I just started writing about my bookish thoughts in blog form. So that's how I got in to blogging and book blogging!!!

2)What is your favorite part about blogging?
My favourite part? I think the community makes it so worth-while, but the best part... and this may sound silly is that I am totally immersed in so many other book-blogs that I get to update my 'To-read pile' every week! It is awesome. There is always good stuff to read recommended by other bloggers!

3)What is your favorite subject to blog about?
Books, books and books. Although to be honest I love writing about movies too, but my favourite is books, especially discussions on genre!
  
4)Do you have a favorite “bookish” blog post you've done?
I really enjoyed writing my review on Macbeth: A Novel by AJ Hartley and David Hewson. 

5)What is your favorite book? Favorite author?
I really love Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte.

6)Favorite book to movie adaption?
That would easily be To Kill a Mocking Bird. The book was brilliant and the film was amazingly done.

7)And now one for just for fun. If you were an ice cream flavor, which one would you be?
I'd be Mint Chocolate Chip - because I love to chew gum and I love chocolate, haha! A strange answer indeed!

Thank you Orisi for stopping by the blog!! And thank you for interviewing me!! Now go show Orisi some love!!

<3 Amanda Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment