Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Book Review | Eternal (Tantalize #2) by Cynthia Leitich Smith

 

 

Title: Eternal (Tantalize #2)
Series: Tantalize Series
Author: Cynthia Leitich Smith
Release Date: February 10th, 2009
Page Amount: 307 pages, Hardcover


GoodReads Blurb:

With diabolical wit, the author of Tantalize revisits a deliciously dark world where vampires vie with angels -- and girls just want to have fangs.

At last, Miranda is the life of the party: all she had to do was die. Elevated and adopted by none other than the reigning King of the Mantle of Dracul, Miranda goes from high-school theater wannabe to glamorous royal fiend overnight. Meanwhile, her reckless and adoring guardian angel, Zachary, demoted to human guise as the princess's personal assistant, has his work cut out for him trying to save his girl's soul and plan the Master's fast-approaching Death Day gala. In alternating points of view, Miranda and Zachary navigate a cut-throat eternal aristocracy as they play out a dangerous and darkly hilarious love story for the ages.

Review:

I read the first book in this series when I was in 10th grade, which was over ten years ago. I've e-mailed back and forth a bit with the author, which is amazing!! I remember the day she followed me on Twitter, and sent me a card when I published my first book!! Two of the most amazing things!!

Back to the book. I thought that I would pick up on the series when this book was available in audio. I do actually own the hardcover, but I've really into audiobooks lately. This book follows two completely different characters. Zachary and Miranda, and brings in the concept of guardian angels. The two characters have strong, distinctive voices. The humor was dark!! Which, I am not against at all haha. The world was elaborate and well thought out. I did like the first book a bit better. I am looking forward to the third book because the two main characters from book one are in that one. But if you ejoy vampire stories with a great deal of dark humor, then I would definitely give this a try, but I would definitely say to read book one (Tantalize)n first. 

No comments:

Post a Comment