Monday, August 21, 2017

Book Review | The Snow Queen by Hans Christian Andersen


Title: The Snow Queen
Author: Hans Christian Andersen
Release Date: November 5th 2002 (first published December 21st 1844)
Page Amount: 96 pages, Hardcover

GoodReads Link

GoodReads Blurb:

Reprinted here for the first time since the 19th century, these color illustrations by T. Pym make the classic Andersen fairy tale even more magical. One of Andersen's best-beloved tales, The Snow Queen is a story about the strength and endurance of childhood friendship. Gerda's search for her playmate Kay–who was abducted by the Snow Queen and taken to her frozen palace–is brought to life in delicate and evocative illustrations.

Review:

The Snow Queen was mt very favorite fairy tale as a little girl. There was a movie version if it that I used to watch a lot but for the life of me I cannot remember which one it was...It was animated, I know that. 

Anyway, I was in love with this story as a little girl. The idea recently came to me that I wanted to do a retelling of it. So of course, I had to read the original story again. I actually listened to the audio of it. I loved the story just as much as when I was younger. It is still my favorite and I can bet it will remain my favorite fairy tale. I love the message behind it and the magical feel behind it. I know it's a fairy tale so of course it has a magical feel. But if you've read it, you probably know what I mean. Actually, a character in The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe reminds me very much of The Snow Queen. The message is beautiful. To keep it short: I love it!! Five quills!!

No comments:

Post a Comment