Saturday, May 20, 2017

Book Review | Silenced by Aimee Shaye!!


Title: Silenced
Author: Aimee Shaye
Release Date: April 29th 2017

GoodReads Blurb:

Lauren St. James has been married to her husband Cooper for two years after dating him for three years. Prior to her relationship with Cooper, Lauren was a victim of an emotionally abusive relationship that still haunts and taunts her everyday. Lauren just wants everything to go back to being the way it was before she ever got hurt by Jason Garcia, the man who belittled her and made her feel like she was worthless and would never amount to anything.

Will Lauren finally see herself through Cooper's loving eyes? Or will the past consume her and make her run from her present?

Review:

I've known about this book for a while and was excited to see it go out into the world. It's a topic that is often glossed over. Abuse itself is often glossed over but I feel emotional abuse is even more glossed over when talking about abuse.

This was a good story about overcoming the past and having hope for the future. I enjoyed the characters but would have liked some more backstory on both. Something to bring me in even more. I found myself sometimes wanting to be brought more into the story. 

But as I was in an emotionally abusive relationship myself, I found this story very easy to relate to. At times reading Lauren's story was like reading my own. I think overall this is a good book and story. One that many should read if for nothing more than to relate to it or have their eyes open to abuse/emotional abuse. 4 quills!!

No comments:

Post a Comment