Thursday, December 24, 2015

Short Story Review ~ Love at First Book by Sarah Tregay

 

Title: Love at First Book (A Short Story in Verse)
Author: Sarah Tregay
Release Date: June 27th 2015 
Page Amount: 64 pages, Paperback

GoodReads Blurb:
Love at First Book: a short story in verse... 

From across the coffee shop Lorelei catches a stanza of heart-stopping description of a boy with a book in his back pocket. And that might have been her last line if he didn't leave it behind with a poem tucked between the pages. A poem about a candy-striper with bright hair and an angel's voice who reads to hospital patients like Lorelei does. 


Review: 
I love books told in verse. I can't remember which book I'd just finished but I remember that I was looking for something really quick to read. I found this through recommendations on GoodReads and thought that it sounded cute so I bought a copy for my Kindle app. 

This was a very cute read. I enjoyed the story and loved that Lorelei was so intrigued by this boy because he carried a book and then left a poem tucked between its pages. I liked Lorelei, too. And the way that it was told was fun. As I said, I love stories told in verse. I love fiction but I also love poetry so it's a great combination of the two. I do feel that the ending was a bit abrupt. I'd say that it's worth the read. Especially if you're looking for something sweet and quick to read. 3 quills. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment