Wednesday, December 4, 2019

What is My Morning Routine?

I've talked about morning routines on here, and on my social media, before. However, I'm not sure I've actually laid out what that is. Also, I'm trying to get used to calling it my morning ritual because I like the sound of that better. Before I run through it, though, I want to make two disclaimers.

  1. I don't actually do this ever day. I try to but I don't always. And sometimes it's a shorter version of this or only a few of these things.
  2. It's not for the same amount of time or in the same order every time I do this. Sometimes I leave a couple things out. It depends on that day. What's going on and how I'm feeling. 
So, here we go:

My Morning Ritual:

  • After being up and doing regular morning things, the first thing I try to do is put away any medicine stuff from the night before. Then, I make my bed. Sometimes I make my bed around Sawyer (my cat.)
  • If I haven't set things up last night, I set up my coffee. Or sometimes it's tea. Or once in a while it's hot chocolate. I fill my water cup for the day. Take a sip of some sort of juice. 
  • I queue up a meditation for the day. Again, this depends on how I feel. I do this in my little corner on my purple bench. On the shelf next to me I have some crystals, a Himalayan pink salt lamp, bamboo, a candle. I have a book or magazine with me, and my journal. 
  • The first thing I do is meditate. After that, I read a little. Sometimes I decide to read five pages or read for five minutes. It varies. After that, I write in my journal. This can very from half a page to three pages. Again, it depends on the day. 
  • Something I started to a while ago was pick three words for the day. For example: Calm. Gratitude. Creative. Depending on how I want to feel. I try but I don't do this every day. I got this idea from Samantha Hearne on Instagram.
  • The last thing I do in my journal is write a few affirmations. Or maybe only one.
  • I've been trying to do a lesson with DuoLingo every day. I'm learning Italian. I am Italian so I thought it was time. 
  • Then, I put on my workout clothes and do some exercise Usually some cardio.
  • I end this all with some yoga. I don't do the exercise and yoga every single day, but I am most likely to do yoga even when I don't do other exercise.  
That is my morning ritual!! Like I said, I don't do all of this every day.  I try to do 2-3 of these things most days, though. And most likely those will be journal, read, and yoga. I think I've found that those are my top three things. Which took a while to figure out. (Well, I've been journaling for years, but that's a different story.)

Tell me below if you have a morning ritual. Do you feel comfortable sharing yours? Do you want to have one? What are your top three things? Or what would you want them to be? Let me know in the comments!!

No comments:

Post a Comment