Wednesday, October 9, 2019

#Last90Days Challenge with the HollisCo!!

I love Rachel Hollis. This year I decided to sign up for her Last 90 Days challenge. I've learned that living with a condition that effects my every day life doesn't mean I always have to be left out of things, but it often means I need to alter some things a bit. On that topic, Rachel has five habits that she calls "Five to Thrive". I bought the special edition Last 90 Days Start Today Journal, which has these habits up at the top of the page for you to check off.



Five to Thrive:

  • Wake up an hour earlier than you normally do.
  • Drink half your body weight (in ounces) of water per day. 
  • Workout 30 minutes per day.
  • Eliminate one category of food you know you should not be eating.
  • Practice gratitude daily. 
I modified the Five to Thrive slightly because that's better than not doing it at all. Here are mine.

Modified Five to Thrive:

  • I've been waking up an hour earlier than I usually did for almost a year now, so as long as I wake up at that time, I check this one off.
  • Water: this is very easy for me. I check it off before I even really start my day. It's easy because I'm chronically dehydrated so I drink 3 gallons of water a day. No problem hitting that one, Rach!! 
  • I've been doing pretty well with working out five days a week. It isn't always for 30 minutes, so it's my goal to get those 30 minute workouts in. I usually do some sort of strength training or cardio and then yoga, so I can split it up like that. Some days, my body is so fatigued it doesn't happen. On those days. if I can do a 5 minute Leslie Sansone walk, at least, I will check off the workout section.
  • This was a tricky one. I actually have a lot of issues with even having an appetite. It's hard to even get me to eat sometimes. One thing I've never been able to do is eat breakfast. I'm far too nauseous in the morning. So for this one I decided to do my best to fit in breakfast. Even a very small one. I found some fruit seems okay. A bit of apple or pear. So for me it's not taking something out, it's adding a meal in.
  • This one isn't too hard. The Start Today journal has a spot for gratitude right there, so as long as I use that in the morning, I check that one off. Before I bought one, though, I just did the practice in a regular journal!!
There we go, my modified Five to Thrive. I'm on Day 8 and I got hit with e HUGE wave of total exhaustion this week. I'm hoping it's just the change of seasons. I've missed a few of the Five to Thrive but I'm not giving up on it. Remember that blog post on When You Break Your Streak? 😉 Don't give up on something even if maybe you need to modify it just a little or skip a few days. Then start right back up again. Isn't that better than not doing it at all?

No comments:

Post a Comment