Monday, January 21, 2013

Book Review ~ Fallen (Fallen #1) by Lauren Kate



Title: Fallen (Fallen #1)
Author: Lauren Kate
Released: December 8th 2009
Published By: Delacorte Press
Page Amount: 452 pages, hardcover 1st edition

GoodReads Blurb:
There’s something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.

Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price’s attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah. He’s the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move.

Even Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce – he goes out of his way to make that very clear. But she can’t let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, Luce has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret...even if it kills her.

Dangerously exciting and darkly romantic, FALLEN is a page-turning thriller and the ultimate love story
.


Review:
I read this book about 3 years ago and I remember really enjoying it. It is also where my interest in the Nephilim began.

The main thing that drew me into this book was the feeling of undying devotion I got from Daniel and Luce. I felt it was really powerful in this one. And the concept of Luce being reincarnated throughout thousands of years just drew me in so much.

The struggle between the angels and demons was amazing to me and especially in the final scenes I could picture everything going on.

Cam was such an interesting character. And so enticingly dark. This whole book had a darkness to it that was deliciously enticing.

This series also has some of the most beautiful covers I have ever seen. I suggest you go experience this delicious dark tale. It really is "Dangerously exciting and darkly romantic." A delicious darkness (with light thrown in from Daniel and Luce's love - though even that was dark) not to be missed.
I gave this one 4.5 stars.

<3 Amanda Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment