Friday, December 2, 2011

Book Review: Black is for Beginnings (Blue is for Nightmares #5) by Laurie Faria Stolarz

Blurb:
 "The series that put a spell on half a million young adult readers continues . . .in graphic novel format! Prophetic nightmares. Near-brushes with death. Killers pursuing her and her friends. Stacey Brown knows that being a hereditary witch isn't all it's cracked up to be.
All she really wants to do is work things out with Jacob and figure out what to do with the rest of her life. But before Stacey and Jacob can have a future, they must face their pasts. Black is for Beginnings reveals the never-before-seen backstory—and what lies ahead—for the young, spellcasting lovers.

It's happening again . . ."
Review:
I feel like I wanted to give this book about 2.5 stars. The story was pretty good and I'm glad to see closure with the relationship between Stacey and Jacob, because it was really open in the last book, Red Is For Remembrance. I'm just curious as to why the last book is a graphic novel. The first four were in traditional novel form and the last is a graphic novel. I don't understand why the format would be changed for just one book. Don't get me wrong, I love graphic novels, they can be really great. Looking at this a graphic novel, I've read better ones and ones with better artwork as well. Not that it wasn't good, the personalities of the characters came through fairly well. I just wasn't as impressed as I could have been. I am glad there was closure in the series. If you haven't checked out the other books, you really should, those ones I love. My personal favorite was the third book, Silver Is For Secrets. Still, if you read the first four check this one out to get closure on the series. Could have been better, but it was a quick read and was worth the time to read it. 2.5 Stars!


<3 Amanda Leigh

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read the first book yet but I'm so excited to start it soon!

    Natasha @ Dreamland Teenage Fantasy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the first four books! They really were amazing! I'm thinking about reading them again!

      Delete