Wednesday, May 13, 2020

My Goals for 2020!!

Me with my books last year. <3


I know, it's May. I usually do this post WAY earlier in the year, but well, as we know, this year is...a little different. However, I am still setting goals for myself. I like having goals, something to be working towards. I set some big goals for myself at the start of each year. No more than ten. Right now, I have eight of them. So I thought that I would share them with you. Let me know any goals you have for 2020 in the comments. <3 Stay strong. <3 


Goals for 2020:

1. Read twenty books.
2. Read Anna Karenina.
3. Publish Forbidden (a Beauty of the Dark story) (Kaleib and Melinda's story).
4. Crochet a scarf.
5. Publish cookbook with mom.
6. Publish coffee table photography book with Aunt Sue.
7. First round of content edits on Dark Book (Historical Romantic Suspense.)
8. Knit a scarf.


I make no more than ten big goals for the year (with lots of smaller ones during the year), but I'm not sure what the last two will be yet, so I left it open. I'll see what else comes up throughout the year, if anything. Also, for me, the ten goals I make for the year are sort of more like projects. They are things that I have control over (mostly). I do the steps for these things. It isn't something that has a lot of variables and even algorithms and the like. Such as making the USA Today Bestseller List. Which, yes, is something I want to do but there are a lot of things that go into it that I don't necessarily have control over. So that goes on a different list. ;)

For me, a lot of these have to do with writing and publishing, because this is what I love and what I put a lot of my focus on. It's my favorite thing, really. And reading is a huge part of my life so that takes up some space. I actually read over forty books last year but I cut that number in half so I'm not focusing on the number of books. There are a couple of longer books I want to read, so I don't want to be worrying about the number of books. For example, Anna Karenina. Definitely a longer book. And yes, I am kind of intimidated to read it. But I have wanted to for a while, so I put it in that list of goals. This year, I took up crocheting and knitting. It's calming, it exercises the muscles in my hands (which is something I really need with Cystinosis.) And a lot of practice is in order, which is why those two goals are on there for 2020. Hopefully, by the end of this year, I'll have both a handmade crocheted and hand knitted scarf. Then there are those two left open. Let's see what ends up there!!

Tell me below, what are a few goals you'd like to achieve in 2020?

No comments:

Post a Comment