Saturday, September 7, 2019

When Things Fall to the Wayside

Hello again!!

I wanted to do a quick blog post about this topic. When things fall to the wayside. It happens to all of us. I know that I should post on social media and my blog, but it's something that definitely falls to the wayside. Why? It's not that it isn't important to me. The reason that it is important to me is that it allows me to connect with readers. Honestly, I am not a huge social media person. And the main priority for me is the books. That's my passion, my purpose, and what I want to use to connect to/with my readers.



Right now, I am trying to get my Women's Fiction novella, Begin Again, ready for publication in October. So it's my main focus. Other things are falling off. As much as I still struggle to talk about this, with the many medical conditions I have...well, to be blunt, I get f*&%ing tired and lethargic. I have to keep my priorities in mind. (Ron Weasley: "She needs to sort out her priorities." 😆)  And honestly, the social media is on the lower end of those. I try to stick to some semblance of a schedule, and I'm happy that I've gotten back to blogging, but sometimes something just has to give. Especially when I am deep in the writing, editing, or publishing trenches. When I'm there, I put a good amount of my energy there because well, that's one of my top priorities!! I also just have to take time to recharge. Creatively, as well. That's a different blog post. 😉

SO, when you don't see me about a lot, this is probably why. I'm deep in the trenches working on bringing you another book. I know we all want to strive for balance, but let's be honest, sometimes things just have to fall to the wayside. Sometimes (often...) we're not as "balanced" as we want to be or think we are. When you're focusing hard on a project (or even if you're not: if you need a recharge, or just in general) what is the first thing to fall to the wayside for you? Do you believe we can ever be perfectly balanced? Let me know in the comments! I want to hear your thoughts! ↡

No comments:

Post a Comment