Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Book Review | No Shame by Erin Lee


Title: No Shame
Author: Erin Lee
Release Date: June 25th 2017
Published By: Bella Tulip Publishing
Page Amount: 82 pages

GoodReads Blurb:

Jayne has hidden behind a disfiguring facial birthmark. Nothing has helped to overcome a scar she cannot hide from. Tortured by peers, and even in her adult life, Jayne has finally accepted the hand she’s been dealt. She’s vowed never to let anyone under her skin again. Trust is for the foolish.
Until Larry.
Larry has lived the life most people would dream of. A football star who spends his free time at the gym, people view him as perfect. But Larry, diagnosed with a debilitating disease, knows better. He will not accept a future of relying on others and pledges to do something about it while he still can. He refuses to be fooled by “friends.”
Until Jayne.
Bonded by fear of the future, Larry and Jayne have nothing to lose. They agree to teach lessons to people who have, or will, hurt them. Together, they promise to help karma stamp its justice. The rules will be simple: No regret. No excuses. No shame. 


Review:

This was my first Erin Lee read. I've been meaning to read one of her books for a while but she has so many I didn't know which to start with!! So when I got offered this one to review I agreed.

I thought that the subject matter of this was great. These aren't things that you often see in books so I liked that these were discussed. At first the jumping POVs threw me a little but I ended up liking it. It was different. The book sure took a turn toward the end. It was oddly satisfying but also disturbing. I do wish e had seen more of that part.

The very end was really good. Things sort of came full circle. It was odd reading Larry and Jayne's vies on other people. I've lived with a serious illness all my life so I was more in tune with their thoughts on things. So I didn't think the way the think most people do. I don't know if I'm making sense, you'll just have to read the book to see.

I did also wish that we got to see more of Larry and Jayne's relationship developing.

It took me longer than I thought to read it but that was because these last few days were far busier than I thought. For a quick, good, different read I'd say pick this up. I will also definitely be picking up more Erin Lee books in the future.

3.5 stars.  

No comments:

Post a Comment