Monday, March 2, 2015

Book Review ~ A Blossoming of Soul by Colin David

 

Title: A Blossoming of Soul
Author: Colin David 
Release Date: June 17th 2014
Published By: CreateSpace
Page Amount: 84 pages, Paperback 

GoodReads Blurb: 
All things are in constant flux. Life is a continuous process of becoming. A Blossoming of Soul is an attempt to articulate aspects of that process through use of the poetic voice. Assembled herein is a collection of poems written to inspire the aesthetic, the lover and the thinker in each of us. Love, sorrow, anger, war, justice, equality and the loss of innocence -- whatever your preference, there is hopefully a poem contained within these pages that speaks to you. 

Review: 
I had the pleasure of hearing the author of this book, Colin David, do a reading at The Beanrunner Cafe. There were books for sale there, as well and after hearing him read I knew that I had to get myself my own copy. Plus, I even got to get it signed. 

I love the poetry in this collection. I liked the themes as well as the language used in the poems. The words seemed to be carefully chosen and they just sang on the page. The tune changing according to the theme and feel of the poem itself. 

Some of my favorite poems in here are:
- Be Brave, Young Man
Close
Daybreak
Passion's Flame
Son of Hate
The Grim Road
Unintended

This is Colin David's first published work and I think that it is a wonderful debut. If you are a fan of poetry I would highly recommend this collection. Even if you aren't, I think that you should pick this up and give it a try. It is available on Amazon in both paperback and a Kindle edition. I look forward to more work from Colin David in the future. I give this one 4.5 quills.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment