Sunday, May 26, 2013

Liebster Blog Award! Nominated Again! Aaaa!!!!


I was nominated for a Liebster Blog Award a while ago. And guess what? I was nominated AGAIN!I was nominated by Orisi of Orisi's Blah Blah Blah. Orisi noinated me for this award about two months ago! I'm sorry I'm just getting around to it now! :( Life has been busy busy busy! And this is a fairly involved blog post. But I did get around to it! And life is calming down a bit! :) Check out Orisi's blog! And thank you to Orisi!


The Liebster Blog Award is an award for blogs with fewer than 200 followers. It's a way of showcase these blogs and also discover new blogs!
The rules are: I've have to answer 11 questions, list 11 facts about myself, and then nominate 11 blogs and give 11 questions to answer! So here we go! 

1. Why do you blog?
I have always wanted to be an author. I asked an author I knew through GoodReads if I should have a website and she said that I should and that having a web presence is very important for an author.

2.  If you could become a character in a book for one day, who wouldja be?
I would probably want to be Hermione Granger. I would love to live in the Harry Potter world. And get to hang out with Harry Potter and Ron Weasley and the entire Weasley family. And Professor McGonagall and Dumbledore! I also just love her character. How smart she is and strong aand she even eventually develops some spunk.

3.What is your favourite genre?
I don’t know if I can pick one favorite genre.  I especially like Young Adult, Poetry, Classics, and Memoirs.

4.Spring, Summer, Winter or Autumn?
My favorite season is Spring. Next would be Autumn. Then Summer. And then Winter.

5. Do you have a favourite book? What is it and why?
I have two favorite books. The Outsiders by S. E. Hinton and Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte. These books have amazing, three dimensional characters. They are both also very intense stories – just in different ways. They both have to do with love, only in different ways.

6.  In your opinion what makes a good book cover?
I think a good book cover will have SOMETHING to do with the story inside of the book. I’m even up for symbolism. I just want it to have something to do with the story.

7. Look one-hundred years in to the future... what does reading look like then?
I really don’t want to think about that. I’m guessing e-readers will practically take over. But I have to keep hope that hardcopy books will still be around!

8. Do you love or loathe movie adaptations of your books?
It really depends on how the director does with the movie. I don’t think there is an y one way about it. I do think the book is always better. But there have been some really good book to movie adaptions.

9. Where is your favourite place to read?
Anywhere I can. :)

10. Where in the world have you visited?
I live in the United States. I've never been out of the country. But I have been to: Michigan, Maryland, Florida, Vermont, Rhode Island and Pennsylvania. I think that’s it.

11. If you could explore one culture in the world and ask all the questions and not offend anybody which culture would that be?
I would want to explore Middle Eastern culture. I think they have one of the most misunderstood cultures. Especially after September 11th. I would want to learn more about their culture.

11 Facts About Me
1. I love nature photography.

2. I started getting into photography my freshmen year of college.

3. I took three art courses my freshmen year of college: Photography, Painting and Photography.

4. I majored in English and Communications in college.

5. I changed my major from Communications to English and Communications my sophomore year of college.

6. I started out as a Psychology minor but added Creative Writing as my second minor when I found out it was available.

7. The Creative Writing courses I've taken are: Poetry Writing, Travel Writing, Fiction Writing, Memoir Writing and one more course over the summer to finish out my second minor that is just called Creative Writing (a combination of Fiction, Poetry and Memoir Writing).

8. I graduated/walked with my class at graduation on May 17th 2013 and my 22nd birthday was on May 18th 2013.

9. The first manuscript I started was called Teen Troubles. I was in 6th grade. I never finished it, but I have the notebook it was written down in and I may go back to it one day.

10. I finished the first draft of my romance novella entitled My Heart is Yours in January and I'm going to start editing it in June.

11. I am insanely ticklish!!!!

Blogs I'm Nominating:
1. Orisi at Orisi's Blah Blah Blah
2. Fatuma at Book Rants
3. Sky at Author Sky Diamond
4. Neriah at Chocolate Coffee Books
5. Rallu at The Daydreamer
6. Mum of Two Girls at Cystinosis – The Story so Far
7. Hannah at Fit Every Day
8. Ana, Cassandra, Kathy and Shannon at So Many Books, So Little Time
9. Jenia at Story For Desert
10. Dana Dane at That Movie Kinda Sucked
11. Fatuma at Life is Funny Except When it’s Not 

Questions For My Tagees:
1. How long have you been blogging?
2.  How did you come up with the name for your blog?
3.  Do you have more than one blog?
4. What are your favorite topics to blog about?
5.  What are some of your favorite blogs to read?
6. What made you decide to start a blog?
7. What is your favorite part about blogging?
8.  What is your least favorite part about blogging?
9. What do you find most difficult about blogging?
10.   Do you think you will be blogging “long term”?
11.   Just for fun: If you were an ice cream flavor what flavor would you be and why? 

So, I am delighted to be nominated again! Thank you again to Orisi! This post is a bit of work but definitely worth it! I apologize for only listing the names of the blogs, but for some reason I'm having issues putting links in my posts. I also apologize for the strange formatting. I don't know what happened. :( I hope you enjoyed this post and go to check out these blogs! 

   <3 Amanda Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment