Saturday, November 10, 2012

Book Review ~ Remembrance (Transcend Time Saga #1) by Michelle Madow


Title: Remembrance (Transcend Time Saga #1)
Author: Michelle Madow
Release Date: July 25th 2011
Published By: Dreamscape Publishing
Page Amount: 162 pages, ebook

Goodreads Blurb:
Lizzie Davenport has been reincarnated from Regency Era, England ... but she doesn't know it yet.

Then Drew Carmichael transfers into Lizzie's high school, and she feels a connection to him, almost like she knows him. She can't stop thinking about him, but whenever she tries talking with him about the mysteries behind her feelings, he makes it clear that he wants nothing to do with her. Reaching him is even more difficult because she has a boyfriend, Jeremy, who has started to become full of himself after being elected co-captain of the varsity soccer team, and her flirtatious best friend Chelsea starts dating Drew soon after his arrival. So why can't she get him out of her mind?

Even though Lizzie knows she should let go of her fascination with Drew, fighting fate isn't going to be easy.


Review:
I think reincarnation is a terrific subject matter. I have always found the idea of past lives fascinating. That is what first drew me to this book.  I don't remember how I came across Michelle Madow or her books. But when I read about Remembrance I had to go download it on my nook. And then when I signed up to review Timeless I finally got around to reading Remembrance and Vengeance.

Remembrance took me longer to read than I would have liked. Every time I picked it up I realized I had other work to do and my responsible side won out. Luckily once I really got a chance to get into the book, I sat there reading and did not want to stop for anything. Even to make dinner (I love cooking, that's why that is saying something.)

I connected to the character of Lizzie because of her love of sketching/drawing and art. As well as the connection she felt to the book Pride and Prejudice. (I haven't read this book but I feel connections to many other books.) That made it easy for me to connect with Lizzie.

Jeremy did some things that I did not like at all and he did get on my nerves at times. I don't think he's a bad person, he was just so full of himself after being elected co-captain that it really got to his head. Chelsea does have that "Mean Girl" exterior to her, but I could tell how much her friendship with Lizzie really meant to her and that there was more to her than just looking pretty and being popular - at least I hope so.

Drew was so mysterious throughout the entire book and we really don't learn a lot about him. He goes back and forth from wanting nothing to do with Lizzie to wanting to be involved in her life. And Lizzie gets even more confused because of this and the flashes of her past life she's having. Not to mention her relationship with Jeremy and that Chelsea is dating Drew.

It really is a very complicated situation and I could feel Lizzie's struggle with the emotions she was going through. It made me confused and angry and sad too. When Drew and Lizzie were together though, you could see and feel a connection. I think the situation was handled well by the writer. This was only the first part of the story so nothing was fully resolved. (The next part of the story, Vengeance, is told from Chelsea's point of view.) 

This was a very good book and I'd say I have to give it 4 stars!

<3 Amanda Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment