Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Book Review ~ Charmed Season 9 Volume 1 (Graphic Novel) by Constance M. Burge and Paul Ruditis

 
Title: Charmed Season 9 Volume 1
Author: Constance M. Burge and Paul Ruditis
Released: February 15th 2011
Published by: Zenescope
Page Amount: 144 pages, paperback

Goodreads Blurb:
Charmed Season 9 picks up where the TV show left off With the source of all evil defeated, The Charmed Ones, three witches destined to be the most powerful force for good our world has ever known, have embraced a new life. One of new family, friends, and a future without the constant battle between good and evil... or so they think.

Review:
I started watching Charmed when I was 10. It was going into it's fourth season at the time. I was over my best friend's house and she was watching the season 3 finale. I started watching all the old episodes and watched from season four on. So when I saw this I was curious and had to pick it up. 

It was a decent read. By this time Phoebe and Paige have children too and it was fun to see the next generation playing with magic and their powers. The characters personalities are kept in tact as well. They have the same personalities as they did on the show for the most part. I like that they didn't change that.

 My favorite part of this was probably that Piper is opening a restaurant. Because that was always her dream. I also enjoyed the bonus short story at the end of the book that tells more about the Warren line and the prophecy of the Charmed Ones. 

Of course, there is another demon in this one. It isn't just the sisters going on with their normal lives as they would have liked. But it has been a little while since a major demon came into their lives. Billie's been taking care of the smaller threats. 

I suppose there will always be another threat for them. Good and evil will always be around for them. And since they're the Charmed Ones, evil will always try to destroy them. There really can be no "normal" life for them. 

The art in the book was pretty good as well. In the back of the book it has the covers of all the books. Some of the cover art is very beautiful. 

Overall a decent read. I give this one 3 stars.

<3 Amanda Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment